Seizures that seem to involve all areas of the brain are known as generalized seizures.
Mainly Generalized Seizures are divided into 6 Types.
- Absence Seizures
- Tonic Seizures
- Atonic Seizures
- Clonic Seizures
- Myoclonic Seizures
- Tonic-clonic Seizures
Nerve cells (neurons) within the brain create, send and receive electrical impulses, which permit the brain’s nerve cells to communicate. Something that disrupts these communication pathways will result in a seizure.
The most common reason for seizures is brain disorder. However not every one who contains a seizure has brain disorder.
Generally seizures happen because of:
- High fever, which might be related to an infections
- Lack of sleep
- Brain tumours
- Low blood sodium (hyponatremia), which might happen with diuretic therapy
- Head trauma that causes an area of bleeding within the brain
- Illegal or recreational drugs like as Cocaine, Heroin, LSD
- Alcohol abuse, during times of withdrawal or extreme intoxication.
Best Neuro care hospital In Hyderabad.
Dr. Yeshwanth Paidimarri is one of the Best Neurologist in Hyderabad. Not just a highly experienced neurologist, but also part of Best Neurology Hospital In Hyderabad, which provides world-class infrastructure & world class Neuro Care treatment.